Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Copyright Issues

On one of the food messageboards where I post there’s been a bit of a barney going on recently about copyright. Every so often someone posts a recipe, claiming it to be their own (which it clearly isn’t), and a bit of argy-bargy ensues; I don’t know why they do it – maybe they think no-one will notice? Anyway, it set me thinking; so I thought I’d write a few words in order to clarify things about copyright on here.

Any recipe written in full on this blog is my own and, as such, is copyrighted to me. All my recipes are either original creations or amalgamations of the best bits of half a dozen (or more!) other recipes which I have tweaked and changed to suit our taste. In former incarnations some of the recipes may even have contained meat or fish (!) which will have been dropped PDQ in favour of other more veggie-friendly ingredients. The new list of ingredients and method gets written up in my own words, at which point it becomes my recipe. When I use a recipe which is obviously written by someone else, such as Delia, Simon Rimmer, Nigel Slater, etc. I’ll give a link to where I found it published.


All photographs and recipes on this blog are copyrighted to me and may not be reproduced without my written permission.

Right, now that’s out of the way, I’m off to make some French Onion soup…

No comments:

Post a Comment