Search This Blog

Saturday 27 August 2011

HFW Sees The Light!

Well, what do you know? Inveterate carnivore Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall has had an epiphany; he’s seen the light and discovered the the joy of veg!

I'm sorry to say this, Hugh old son, but you’re a bit late to the party; those of us who can think for ourselves worked out long ago that chopping up animals for food, when there are less cruel and much tastier alternatives available, is a bad idea. What took you so long? Was it anything to do with a book deal, perhaps?

Don't you just love this quote from the article "I would love to persuade you to eat more vegetables." Now, if my memory serves me correctly, wasn't Hugh the bloke who slaughtered an animal on TV to entertain the watching masses... and now he wants me to eat more veg? Do go away, Hugh, there's a good chap; you're starting to get right up my nose. There's no-one quite so annoying as a newly-reformed evangelist preaching to the long-ago converted.

Of course, Hugh just wants to sell his new book and, once he’s made a rather large amount of money from it, he’ll revert to his former carnivorous ways. Then he can write another book extolling the virtues of meat-eating and telling us how desperately he wants us all to eat more of it….

Cynical…? Moi…? Whatever makes you think that?!

(Incidentally, I wouldn't want you to think I make a habit of reading that ridiculous rag, the Guardian; perish the very thought! I wouldn't have known about Hugh's conversion on the road to Damascus had it not been for a comment on a messageboard where I post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment