Search This Blog

Friday 27 July 2012

The Olympics are here...!

OK, I'll admit it, I am officially excited! For the last seven years, since London was awarded the Games, I've been very blasé and dismissive about it…

“We can’t afford it”
“There’s a recession on”
“We won’t be as good as Beijing”
“The bloody Americans always win everything”
“I’m not really interested”

…but now we’re on the brink of the whole thing starting I’m really getting quite enthusiastic.

We’ll sit down this evening with some stuffed baguettes and salad followed by fruit and soya yogurt and have a right old Olympic wallow in front of the telly.

Good Luck guys and may the best man, woman or team win!

(If Andy Murray wins gold in the tennis tournament I'll definitely start blubbing and I may just start turning cartwheels - now that'd be a sight to frighten people!)

No comments:

Post a Comment